Care After Use: VarioSurg
1. Auto Cleaning
- After using with saline solution, clean the interior of the VarioSurg handpiece with distilled water. Pull out the needle from the saline solution bag, plunge the needle in the container (such as a cup, etc.) in which the distilled water is contained, and press the [FLOW] key for about 3 seconds till the pumps starts (Auto Cleaning).
During automatic cleaning, Water mark flashes. The bar of the power display indicates the remaining time, and decreases by one scale for every 3 seconds.
2. Remove the handpiece cord and the irrigation tube from the unit.
After separating the irrigation tube from the VarioSurg handpiece cord, place the cord inside the sterilization cassette with the handpiece still attached. We recommend to leave the tube holders fastened to the cable.
After using the irrigation tube, dispose of it as medical waste.
3. Tips, Tip Wrenches and Tips Holders
- (1) Wash and brush down any stain on the surfaces with a resin brush, etc. (you should not use the metal brush), and wipe them off with cotton impregnated with rubbing alcohol.
(2) Put the tips in the tips holder, and then place the tips holder in the sterilization cassette.
(3) The sterilization cassette can accommodate up to 2 tips holders.
(4) Put the tip wrenches in the sterilization cassette.
(5) Put what is to be sterilized in the sterilization cassette, then close and lock it with the swiveling lever.
(6) Do not put a maintenance tip (V10-S and V-P-10) in the tip holder. Instead, put them in an autoclaving bag and seal the bag.
Steam autoclave is recommended. Perform autoclave sterilization at temperatures up to 135oC. Example: 20 minutes at 121oC or 15 minutes at 132oC. Note that you cannot autoclave the control unit and the foot control.